Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

Back with Magnificent Maple


Oh me what a dreich day!! 

Need a quick translation?  

A combination of dull, overcast, drizzly, cold, misty and miserable weather. At least 4 of the above adjectives must apply before the weather is truly dreich.

I can testify we are definitely hitting all the adjectives! 

But to brighten my day I thought I'd share this little card with you.  This is my thank you card I made for customers last month.  It's using Stampin' Up!'s Magnificent Maple with a combination of Gorgeous Grunge. 

The card base is Early Espresso with a Whisper White mat.  I stamped the maple leaf in Early Espresso then randomly stamped Gorgeous Grunge on top of it in Calypso Coral and So Saffron. I thought the natural look of the Natural Trim Ribbon helped finish it off. 

My Stampers 6 Ladies always receive a little something extra so I added a handbag made with the Petite Purse Bigz Die filled with some sweets.  They also got some hand gel to put in their real handbags! 

I used Calypso Coral card stock and the Epic Day papers as decoration. The button detail was achieved with the Boho Blossoms punch and a retired brad. 


Did you see the news yesterday?  Lots of extras to be had from Stampin' Up!  Have a look to keep up with all the exciting offers. 

I'm off to be nurse maid to my daughter.  She has been sent home from school with a migraine, poor lamb. 

Keep cosy and I hope it's not dreich with you!  x



I'm going to pop this into Addicted to CAS  which has the code word Autumn/Fall
Also Addicted to stamps and more which has the following photo inspiration



Supplies Used
All Stampin' Up! 

Card - Early Espresso, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
Ink - Early Espresso, Calypso Coral, So Saffron
Stamp - Magnificent Maple, Gorgeous Grunge
Ribbon - Natural Trim
Punch - Boho Blossoms
Bigz - Petite Purse
Other - Brad from my stash

If you would like to order any of the above or the other supplies from the current catalogues then please get in touch either by e mail ails300@btinternet.com or call 07827923123.  I would be delighted to help you with your crafty projects.  A parcel of lovely goodies could be winging it's way direct to your home in the UK, Deutchsland, France, Nederland or Osterreich.





11 comments:

Margaret said...

Fabulous card Aileen and I love your little handbag. Hope you're daughter's feeling better now.
Margaret x

Darnell said...

Your card is awesome, Aileen, but that purse is spectacular!! I hope the dreich (thanks for the new word!) blues go away soon and you get some sunny fall days! And I hope your lamb feels better. As a fellow migraine sufferer, I can honestly say I feel her pain. I hope she can stay well hydrated. Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Fabby card Aileen! I love the randomly stamped Gorgeous Grunge...it works so well here! :)
Lizy xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Aileen-Love the inky background for the leaf-looks fabby :)
I do love your purse too-that looks simply gorgeous!
Thank you for the dreich definition-I would never have guessed that one! Do you pronnounce that "d-r-i-k-e or d-r-e-e-k ?
Hugs,Nessa xx

Bonnie said...

Another lovely card with this stamp! I'll bet you had some happy ladies!

Danielle Vincent said...

A great thing about yucky weather is the opportunity (excuse maybe) it gives us to go to our craft space and create something fabulous. I absolutely LOVE how you brought that grunge stamp into play with the leaf - its gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the card and colours. Great purse too

We have had a dreich day too LOL.

Sue said...

Fab card, Aileen! Great how you used the leaf and background. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

stressfreestamping said...

LOVE what you have done with Magnificent Maple and Gorgeous Grunge...two of my favorite SU! sets!!! Love the colors too. Thanks for playing at ATCAS. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Aileen. Fabulous autumn card, love it. Hope that dreich has turned into sunshine by now. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

Darnell said...

Hey, hey, hey! Aileen, you should have dreich days more often!! Congratulations on the Top Three win at ATSM!! It's an honor to be in your company!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...