Pages

Thursday 28 March 2013

My Heart Beads a little faster....


.......when presented with tricky LIM challenges!!  This week we have to create a clean and simple card with beads.  

So rummage after rummage with no beads in sight, my daughter came to the rescue with these sweet pastel coloured beads which made me think of spring.  Although we are very much still in the throws of a cold spell it was lovely to work with these light pastel colours.  

I chose a Bashful Blue card base so it didn't become all smooshy smishy in the sentiment department.  I punched a heart with the Full Heart Punch in Whisper White and strung up some beads behind it.  I then added a Pink Pirouette square behind before popping the front panel up on Dimensionals.  I made a banner to go behind with a computer generated sentiment as my beads look a little like an abacus I thought "You can count on me!" was appropriate. 

Simples once you find some beads!! 

Oooh I've just realised I've used no stamps so can squeeze this in under the wire at CASual Fridays and as the colours made me think of spring I'll pop it into Addicted to CAS which has a cue card of Spring.

Thanks for stopping in past today.  If you would like to be part of my next Stampers 6 club starting in a few days then please drop me an email on ails300@btinternet.com.  I would love to welcome you on board! 

I'm off to do more baking now for my daughter's Cake and Candy Stall on Saturday.  It's all go here just now!!  Will be sure to post more photos of our baking attempts soon. 

Take care. x 


Supplies Used
All Stampin' Up!

Card - Bashful Blue, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Punch - Full Heart
Beads and Twine - From my daughter's stash!
Other - PC generated sentiment, Dimensionals

If you would like to order any of the above or the other supplies from the current catalogues then please get in touch either by e mail ails300@btinternet.com or call 07827923123.  I would be delighted to help you with your crafty projects.  A parcel of lovely goodies could be winging it's way direct to your home in the UK, Deutchsland, France, Nederland or Osterreich.  

Only 2 spaces left in my Stampers 6 (Virtual Hostess) club starting in April.  Please get in touch by e mail - ails300@btinternet.com if you would like to take part. x

17 comments:

Monica said...

This is super clever... and your title so befitting. Why can I not be creative... lol.
Love the gentle pastels and how cleverly you did this. SUPER.

Jingle said...

This is very cute! I like what you've done with the beads! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is really wonderful, top marks for your use of the beads! Valerie

Suze Bain said...

Great beading Aileen, it does look like an abacus. (Also reminds me of a baby's cot) xx

Susan said...

Love your little heart abacus! So creative!

Gillian R said...

So sweet, love the beads you used

G Peplow said...

Pretty card Aileen, love the pastel shade and the heart, Gay x

Aud said...

A lovely card Aileen, and a great idea with the beads inside the heart. Aud x

Jan Castle said...

Oh so cute...you are an inspiration! TFS
Paper Hugs,
Jan in Salem, Oregon, USA

Jen Nelson said...

Aileen .. this is fabulous... love the sentiment and the abacus type aperture

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Kylie said...

What an amazing use of those beads! Gorgeously CAS!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Anonymous said...

Fab card Aileen. Great use of the beads. Really creative together with the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with the Addicted to CAS challenge this week.
Happy Easter,
Florence x

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry I'm SO late in visiting, but this last week was another of those which simply got away from me before I knew where it had gone!
This is so clever and looks simply terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

I'm all behind this week!! just had to pop by and say what a cool idea your card is, the abacas and sentiment are perfect for the challenge :0)
Jenny x

Bonnie said...

What a delightful heart with the beads strung behind it!

Patrice said...

Love those pastel beads!

Sylvia said...

Very cute card, Aileen, love your bead idea! Have a fun day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...