Pages

Thursday 21 February 2013

Sycamore Street and Vintage Verses



Two card for two challenges.  (You can see the challenges below)


This is actually my second card.  I used the Top Note die cut from first (see below) as the main focal point.  Isn't this paper beautiful?  It's from the fabby Sale-A-Bration set of papers called Sycamore Street.  You can earn this set free when you spend £45 during Sale-A-Bration.  Drop me an email on ails300@btinternet.com to place your order.

I mounted it onto Sahara Sand and used my Paper Snips to trim to shape.  I then attached it to a panel of Summer Starfruit.  The sentiment panel is from Vintage Verses and stamped in Tangerine Tango.  I snipped a banner and then roughed up the edges with my Paper Snips.  I also roughed the edge of my card base.  I added 3 medium Basic Pearls along the bottom.








My second card (actually the first I made!) has a mat of Summer Starfruit then I used the Bigz Top Note to die cut a panel of Sycamore Street.  A second die cut of Whisper White was inserted back into the space.  My far side was a little uneven so I added a strip of patterned paper to cover it up.  I stamped the whisper white panel with the Bloomin' Marvelous stamps.  Clear embossing some of the leaves.  I added the largest of the Basic Pearls along the bottom so they stood out.  I wasn't sure if this was CAS enough for either of the challenges and so created the top card.

Both very different yet following the same two challenges. 

I was at my Jazzercise class this morning.  My neighbour runs a brilliant class in the local Village hall.  Today to my surprise one of the songs featured Pachelbel's Canon.  A beautiful piece of music which I had as my Bridal March.  How weird to be doing a Jazzercise routine to it! 

Take care, keep cosy.  xx

Here are the challenges-

Firstly the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches
And secondly the colours from CAS- Colours and Sketches - Summer Starfruit, Tangerine Tango, Sahara Sand 

Supplies used
All Stampin Up! 

Card - Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Sahara Sand
Ink - Tangerine Tango, Sahara Sand, Versamark
Stamp - Vintage Verses, Bloomin' Marvelous
Designer Paper - Sycamore Street
Bigz Die - Top Note
Other - Basic Pearls

If you would like to order any of the above or the other supplies from the current catalogues then please get in touch either by e mail ails300@btinternet.com or call 07827923123.  I would be delighted to help you with your crafty projects.  A parcel of lovely goodies could be winging it's way direct to your home in the UK, Deutchsland, France, Nederland or Osterreich.  

Take part in Sale-A-Bration and chase away those winter blues! 


Spaces available in my Stampers 6 (Virtual Hostess) club starting in April.  Please get in touch by e mail - ails300@btinternet.com if you would like to take part. x






13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful cards, especially the second one. Love that gorgeous green! Valerie

karen h said...

Beautiful cards! Great job with the colors. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Bonnie said...

Both of these are lovely, Aileen! I especially love the second and think it is CAS beautiful!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous set of cards! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kylie said...

Beautiful cards, Aileen and great work with the colours! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS - Colours and Sketches xx

sandie said...

I love how you have used our colours. And great to see two different takes. Thanks for joining us at CAS-COLOUR and Sketches

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lurve these colours and the cards, great sketch too

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen - a great use of our colours this week at CAS - Colours and Sketches - thanks so much for joining in - Jacqueline xx

Jen Mitchell said...

These are beautiful! The colors are amazing together! And that was my wedding march too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Louise van Vuren said...

Wow! Two amazing cards and although you have used the same sketch and colours they are so different! The paper is fab, (just got hold of some myself). Can't pick which one I like best, either fits ourchallenge. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours and Sketches
Louise xx

Paula Knall said...

Loved the card you submitted Aileen but am completely smitten by the other one! :-) Scrummy! xxx

Jen Timko said...

These are lovely! I always smile seeing such varied cards with the same sketch (and colors)! It was my wedding march, too. *smile* Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Rita W said...

Great cards to showcase the awesome sets from Sale-a-bration! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...