Pages

Sunday 24 February 2013

Just Because Creative Elements


I've had such a busy day today.  My daughter's school does "Grow a Fiver" during Primary 6.  The children are given £5 then they go off and grow it into more and the proceeds all go towards their school trip at the start of Primary 7.  But first of all I'll share my card with you.  I was definitely in need of some well earned relaxation time! 

I'm joining in with Less is More this week which is to use paper piercing on your project.  

I've started off with a card base of 5" by 5".  I stamped the very elegant swirl from Creative Elements in Real Red.  Then paper pierced a pattern round some of the swirls.  This was soooo calming and very therapeutic!  I used my Paper Piercing Tool and matching Mat Set. My sentiment comes from Vintage Verses (free when you spend £45 during Sale-A-Bration) and is stamped in Early Espresso.  I attached my Whisper White panel onto a mat of Pumpkin Pie and popped it up on Dimensionals.  

I got my colour combo from using the Colour Coach.  This is such a handy tool and can give you combinations you wouldn't have thought off but go so well together. 

So want to know why I am exhausted? 

Well I've loads of ideas for my daughter to sell on a little stall to grow her fiver.  One of those being some baking.  I decided we should try Macarons and Cake Pops.  Never having made either we had a practice session this afternoon.  5 hours we spent baking!  But boy do we need some practice!  The Macarons did not just appear as they do on all those lovely Pinterest pictures!!  Way more practice required but we all still scoffed them.  Well you do have to try as you make don't you?  

However I'm glad to say the Cake Pops were much more successful.  We may even get a bit more adventurous with the decorating! 


What do you think?

Thanks for joining me today.  

Please let me know if you would like to take part in Sale-A-Bration or join my Stampers 6 (Virtual Hostess) club starting in April.  

It's always lovely to hear from you! xx

Supplies Used
All Stampin' Up!

Card - Card base from my stash, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink - Real Red, Early Espresso
Stamp - Creative Elements, Vintage Verses (Sale-A-Bration)
Other - Paper Piercing Tool, Piercing Mat Set, Dimensionals

If you would like to order any of the above or the other supplies from the current catalogues then please get in touch either by e mail ails300@btinternet.com or call 07827923123.  I would be delighted to help you with your crafty projects.  A parcel of lovely goodies could be winging it's way direct to your home in the UK, Deutchsland, France, Nederland or Osterreich.  

Take part in Sale-A-Bration and chase away those winter blues! 

Spaces available in my Stampers 6 (Virtual Hostess) club starting in April.  Please get in touch by e mail - ails300@btinternet.com if you would like to take part. x





17 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful CAS card Aileen - and those cakes look scrumptious! What a great idea for the schoolchildren to make money for the trip.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Jacqueline said...

Yum - love the look of your cake pops! - it's a very pretty card too, love the piercing - Jacqueline xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, and those cake pops look wonderful! Five hours baking sounds really exhausting! Valerie

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from LIM - I love the colours you've used, it makes for a very elegant card.
All that baking?! Oh my - best wishes for your daughters sale :0) Mo

Wishcraft said...

Love the stamps you've used, gorgeous card. The cake pops look fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Bonnie said...

I think cake pops look wonderful but very hard to make. I have trouble making meatballs turn out round! So I would be your best customer. Love the card! That's my favorite flourish and the colors are wonderful! The paper piercing adds some extra interest!

Chrissie said...

The selective piercing on this really adds to the oeverall design Aileen... love it. Your baking looks pretty darn good too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less us More"

Suze Bain said...

Hope she's going to be selling those on Friday! Pretty card Aileen, love the flourish and the paper piercing enhances it beautifully. Xx

Aud said...

A lovely card Aileen and thise cake pop look good . Ive left you a blog award so pop over to my one to see. Aud x

G Peplow said...

Fab cakes, well done Aileen, good job there:0) They look really tasty, yup you have to test them all!!! Love your card for LIM, so delicate! Hugs Gay x

Margaret said...

Lovely card Aileen and good luck to your daughter - your cake pops look scrummy!
Margaret x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous CAS card Aileen! I have to say the cake pops look yummy!!
xx

Jen Nelson said...

aileen this is fabulous!

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Linda said...

Love your card Aileen, and those cake pops look absolutely yummeeee! xx

Paula Knall said...

Lovely Aileen - I love Creative Elements! xxx

Susan said...

Love the touches of piercing...very pretty! and those cake pops....yummy looking!

Jenny said...

I love how the paper piercing accents the pretty flourishes, such an elegant card :0)
The cake pops look amazing for a first ever batch...mine were not so successful :0(
Jenny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...