Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Mixed Bunch for Christmas!


This is my first Christmas card for 2012.  I'm actually quite late in starting as it'll creep up on us so fast! 

I've followed the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  

I was pleased to see the central shape as I love the Top Note Die.   

Do you see my snowflake?  It's actually one of the Mixed Bunch Flowers stamped in Versamark and embossed in White Embossing Powder.  The smaller snowflake was made using the same stamp but by only inking up the centre using a Versamark Pen

Once embossed I then had fun getting inky.  I first of all used my Watercolour Pencils to add a little colour within the snowflakes and then used my Aqua Painter to pull the colour around.  I spritzed the background with my Spritzer Tool using Bashful Blue and Marina Mist Stampin' Write Markers.  Then I sponged around the edges and into the snowflakes with Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Tempting Turquoise using Sponge Daubers

The side panel is Whisper White embossed with Perfect Polka Dots adding a flash of Real Red edged with the Scallop Edge Border Punch.  

For my sentiment tag, I used a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker to ink up part of sentiment stamp from Welcome Christmas.  The 1 1/4" Square Punch made the flag tag on the end. 

Mixed Bunch is in the Summer Mini Catalogue which finishes on the 31st August.  It also has a punch that matches it.  Not all items make it into the main catalogue so if you have seen some favourites, please get in touch.  

And now I'm pleased to introduce our AUGUST PROMOTION.  I'm sure it will give you Reason to Smile!  An exclusive stamp set only available for this month.  


The set can be purchased for £18.95 Wood or £14.95 Clear but best of all it can be yours for FREE when you spend £60.  So now's your chance to catch up on your favourites in the summer mini and net yourself a free stamp set into the bargain!  You can e mail me on ails300@btinternet.com I'd be happy to help you choose! 

Supplies Used
All Stampin' Up!

Card - River Rock, Whisper White, Real Red
Ink - Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise, Versamark
Stamp - Mixed Bunch, Welcome Christmas
Stampin' Write Markers - Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Real Red
Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots
Die - Top Note
Punch - 1 1/4" Square, Scallop Edge Border
Other - White Embossing Powder

If you would like to order any of the above or the other supplies from the current catalogues then please get in touch either by e mail ails300@btinternet.com or call 07827923123.  I would be delighted to help you with your crafty projects.  A parcel of lovely goodies could be winging it's way to you direct to your home in the UK!  
Remember your Reason To Smile!  Buy or receive your exclusive August stamp set for free (when you spend £60)

 















11 comments:

Aud said...

This is lovely Aileen, love your snowflake and i do like that top note die as well. Aud x

Jenni's Jems said...

Once again you have thought outside the box and love those snowflakes!! x

Kim S said...

Wow...that image makes a lovely snowflake! Your use of the darker color adds so much!!

Jen Brum said...

What a fun card Aileen! Those snowflakes are pretty cool! Love that blue! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Such a pretty card Aileen ...love your creative snowflakes, who would've thought ... this is awesome! Love the pretty blue sponged background!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card in wintry colours. I need it to be cold and frosty before I start! Valerie

Victoria said...

This is the second time this week I've seen Mixed Bunch used for Christmas card designs.... clearly I'm going to have to get the set out and have a play! A lovely festive creation!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Aileen! I love that image from Mixed Bunch! And I think it makes a perfect snowflake! Beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Allisa said...

Love your fun color scheme. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Zippy said...

This is just lovely. So elegent xxx

Cindy Hall said...

The snowflakes are perfect in that cool blue! Brrrrrr. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...